Merchandising in Textile & Garment Industry
1) Introduction to textile & garment industry.
2) Merchandising as a profession , Its challenges and scope.
3) Introduction to cotton, fiber & yarn.
4) Introduction to yarn & fabrics. Process of knitting & weaving. Dyeing & finishing. Cost analysis.
5) Introduction to circular knit garment consumption, costing, production.
6) Introduction to flat knit garment consumption, costing, production.
7) Introduction to woven garment consumption, costing, production.
8) Accessories for garment, sourcing & costing.
9) Introduction to garment Printing & embroidery.
10) Introduction to various type of washing for garment.
11) Sampling procedure.
12) Labtest for fabrics & garment.
13) Inspection for fabrics & garment.
14) Mode of shipment & shipment arrangement with shipping agent.
15) Banking, Export L/C, Export document . Import L/C, Import document,Custom,EPB,BGMEA/
16) Garment cost analysis.
18) Task of a merchandiser in a garment industry/buying office.