Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 and the Challenges
In these days many companies and their managers are all too often faced different complexities and hassles in managing staffs, issues of compliances, projects and specialized knowledge in relation to legal & ethical perspectives. Moreover, human resource department of many organizations/companies is not always aware enough of the arrangement of their individual department, obligation related to employment standards (including wage and payment, leave facilities, benefits, process of termination and safety standard etc.) and even many of them are not conscious to define employment procedures clearly. To meet such need necessitates many organizations/companies and also individual look for assistance from specialized skill providers. In this backdrop, this course offer to provide technical supports for knowledge development on labour law issues and its efficient implication. It can be assumed that improved knowledge on labour law can minimize common mistakes, reduce tension of industrial relation and organizational costs at a large.
Since independence of Bangladesh, no major development took place in the history of labour legislation till the enactment of the Bangladesh Labour Act, 2006. The Bangladesh Labour Act, 2006 is a major and comprehensive enactment regarding industrial relation which is the consolidation and updating of the 25 separate acts. But recently the law has changed by a big reform under the initiative of the govt. The comprehensive nature of the law can immediately be gleaned from its coverage including conditions of service and employment, youth employment, maternity benefit, health and hygiene, safety, welfare, working hours and leave, wages and payment, workers compensation for injury, trade unions and industrial relations, disputes, labour court, workers participation in companies profits, regulation of employment and safety of dock workers, provident funds, apprenticeship, penalty and procedure, administration, inspection, etc.
while using the Bangladesh labor Act 2006 companies found a lot of lacunas, so that govt formed a committee to remove all the lacunas, the committee worked for last five years and thus the Bangladesh labor (amendment) Act 2013 removes certain ambiguities in the old and diverse labour acts and aligns the labour law system in line with the ILO core conventions. In the new law the definition of a worker is very specific and certain welfare and social benefits have been improved. The new change emphasis new definitions and classifications of worker, Trade union for workers, profit participation, out sourcing, and many more. Laws updated but the procedural guideline are missing so the government stated to enact Bangladesh Labor Rule in 2009. The Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 published as gazette in September, 15 2015 a lot of new regulations also came to update the safety regulations and regulate the industrial Relation of Bangladesh.
The managers and the mid level employees of the companies are well aware and trained on business enhancement and production related matters but they are not trained on law and related issues. At present (i) Compliance issues are inadequately addressed and the buyers create more pressure day by day in the name of Compliance , (ii) the employers and employees are not aware of their rights and the connotation of the new labor law, (iii) the employers and employees are not aware about the changes in Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 (iv) the employers and employees are not aware about the changes in Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 (v) the employers are not aware about industrial dispute resolving mechanism under Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 (v) Employers are not aware about health and safety system Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 (vi) Mid level staff members are not legally sound about HR practices and procedures Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015. Therefore, it is expected that the management of different establishment, realizing the importance of this subject, will come forward to build up a panel of Managers/Officers who could be used in future as and when required.
Objectives of this Training Programme:
This course is intended to provide practical knowledge about all aspects and components of Bangladesh Labor Act 2006, Bangladesh Labor (amendment) Act, 2013 and Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 special emphasis given on Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
The specific objective of the training course is:
1. To understand the Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 perfectly from the practical experiences.
2. To know Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 specifically.
3. To be acquainted with grievance handling mechanism and reduce industrial dispute Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
4. To be acquainted with the common mistakes, gaps and problems of Bangladesh labor Act 2006 and Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
5. Bangladesh labor Act 2006, Bangladesh Labor (amendment) Act, 2013, Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015, how problems can be solved.
6. To be acquainted with the participant with case laws on this subject.
Expected Outcome of the training:
It is expected that the training will lead to the following outputs:
1. Participant will be able to understand Bangladesh Labor Act 2006 and Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015 properly from the practical experiences.
2. Participant will be able to understand the new changes in Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
3. Participant will be able to draft the show cause letter, charge sheet, investigation, dismissal letter and able to understand the common mistakes, lacunas of the process in line with Bangladesh Labor (amendment) law, 2013 and Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015
4. Participant will be able to handle and resolve industrial dispute in accordance to the new Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
5. Participant will be able to develop and update the HR Policy.
6. Participant will be able to understand the common mistakes done by the lower and upper level management.
7. Participant will be able to conduct training for the worker as well as mid level management on Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
8. Participant will be able to design a Plan and monitor their Day to day Activities
9. Participant will be able to face factory Audit in accordance with the Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.
10. In short, the participants of this course, after attending this training, will be able to handle the employee relations under the guidance of Bangladesh Labor Rule 2015.