DevOps Engineer $60,000/year USD (Remote)
Imagine yourself as part of a team stretching the boundaries of cloud computing, adopting the latest technologies, and rapidly resolving unique SaaS incidents. In this role you’ll act as one part firefighter and one part super sleuth. On a given day you might discover that a Docker container is down because the daemon is failing and you need to investigate which service is causing the conflict. Or, you might have to investigate an abuse report from AWS and determine if the issue is caused by a hacked server or a customer abusing the platform. Because there’s always something new, your technical skills will never become obsolete.
If you’re excited about the idea of diving into the unknown and taking on novel cloud computing challenges that affect thousands of users, then this is your opportunity to join a global SaaS operations support organization unlike any other. As Amazon’s #1 centralized database partner, we are building new possibilities with today’s cloud computing technologies to provide services for a rapidly-growing network of business customers worldwide.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing hands-on cloud computing services working with massive-scale AWS SaaS infrastructure.
- Working as a senior member of a shift based, 24×7 infrastructure support team for our cloud-based applications.
- Responding to challenging system change requests from the business as well as handling communications during any system outages.
- Configuring and using infrastructure monitoring tools and respond to monitoring alerts to constantly improve the stability of the systems.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Interfacing with customers.
- Doing deep investigations on root causes. This job is about fixing WHAT is wrong, not discovering HOW it got that way.
- Coding or testing. Instead you’ll be leveraging coding knowledge to troubleshoot more efficiently.
DevOps Engineer Key Responsibilities
In this role, you will have the responsibility for maintaining mission-critical infrastructure in a multi-billion dollar global software enterprise, supporting products used by Fortune 500 companies. Specifically, you will:
- Respond to system outages and monitoring alerts, resolving incidents to ensure system uptime and expected service levels
- Analyze cloud systems issues and provide recommendations for long-term solutions, such as monitoring and automation
- Execute change requests that impact production systems used by our diverse portfolio of software products
- Provide cloud operations support on a rotating on-call schedule as part of a global SaaS operations team
Success in this role depends on understanding the cloud technologies we support and how they interact. We look for candidates who possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding preferred
- 3+ years of experience with Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- 3+ years of experience maintaining SaaS applications on major cloud platforms, AWS experience required
- Programming experience, including working with algorithms and data structures
- English language proficiency (written and verbal)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or SysOps Admin Certification
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 – helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work – not short-term “gigs” or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3362-BD-Dhaka-DevOpsEngineer.008